Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rationalized Dark Angels FAQ

The Dark Fortress has posted FAQ by way of a contributor to the Bolter and Chainsword forum. This FAQ suggests a sensible rationalization of the DA vs. Space Marine codex discussions.

Here's the link to the summary on Dark Fortress

A cursory review looks pretty fair. I have both codex' and I'll likely continue to play the straight DA codex for some time. Fact is, I've gotten very attached to the army builder app and if it aint available in the program then I don't fancy myself competitive enough to have the motivation to count off point by hand and pen and paper.

At most I'll ask "hey, mind if I count the CML as Heavy2 per C:SM?" after that I'm good. One sticking point though... I am still disappointed though, that Ravenwing bikes can't boost during their scouting move :(

2 comments:

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

I have mixed feelings about this. I would like some of the new changes to affect my DAs but I almost don't want to bother with trying to barter with my opponent to let me use them.

I worry that it will open a whole can of worms with some people.

Malthius said...

Agreed. I like your use of 'barter' because that's exactly what it feels like. As if by asking for a concession to your request there's an opening to loosen up rules for them and/or it starts to go lawyerly with "i agree with, but not that, and if i give you that then can I 'counts as' this?"

I'm tired already. I jus wanna play!